Returns and Warranty
Completes and parts
1 year manufacturer’s warranty covers unexpected failure/defect of all parts/components that may not be attributed to fair wear and tear, or crash damage outside that considered normal use. The claimant must be the original owner/purchaser and produce a receipt to prove the date of purchase. The parts/components must be free from modification including shot blasting and/or painting/powder coating where this may be attributed to the failure.
Bikes - IMPORTANT 1 week service
As your bike will have been sent to you via mail order, it is your responsibility to ensure it has been assembled correctly. We allow you to assemble by yourself. However you must get a 1 week service by a qualified bicycle shop technician in order to qualify for your warranty. This is to ensure you have assembled your bicycle correctly and that everything is adjusted correctly e.g. spokes will need tightening, maybe your chain is too loose, brakes not set correctly, tyre pressure incorrect etc. If you do not have your 1 week service record (signed and stamped receipt), then your warranty is invalid.
Examples of items not covered by your warranty:
• buckled wheels
• worn tyres
• worn/broken chains (unless clearly a manufacturing defect)
• worn sprockets
• worn bearings or hub internals
• bent forks / frame / bars / axles / cranks / pedals/
• worn brake cables
Examples of items that are covered where it is clear there has been no abuse or misuse (note: you will need to supply photos of both sides of your bike & then may further be asked to return the failed component):
• cracked or broken frames
• cracked or broken forks
• cracked or broken bars
• cracked or broken hubs
• internal axle failure bb/wheels
• visible manufacturing defects to any part or component (should be reported as soon as noticed)
If a repair or replacement is not possible Mafiabikes reserve the right to offer an alternative of equal or greater value (colour may vary) or a partial refund proportional to the remaining life of the product.
You are expected to keep your bike in serviceable condition. any failure attributed to incorrect or lack of maintenance will be easily detected by our engineers & in most cases rejected.
When you make a claim, you will be expected to provide photographic evidence of your complete bike (photos of both sides even if it is a single small component failure) including close up shots of the failed component(s). In most instances you will then be required to send the failed part/component back to our head office for inspection at your own cost.
We accept returns for up to 365 days should you decide you do not want your item and it must be returned unopened, fitted or used in any original packaging. We must be informed of damaged items immediately. If there is damage to any returned parts in transit or if the value of item has been reduced as a result of over handling (for example more than you would in a shop), you may be liable for a deduction in the refund to cover our costs. Please ensure you package it well and send it back recorded delivery. Please keep any proof of postage. Before attempting to send anything back, please contact us first. Once we have received and reviewed your request we will email you with details on how to proceed.
Remember that you are not entitled to withdraw from a distance contract, among others: in relation to the contract:
- in which the subject of the service is non-prefabricated goods, manufactured according to your specifications or intended to meet your individual needs;
- in which the subject of the service is goods that deteriorate quickly or have a short shelf life;
- in which the subject of the service is goods delivered in a sealed packaging, which cannot be returned after opening the packaging due to health protection or hygiene reasons, if the packaging was opened after delivery;
- The fee for Stunt Scooter Assembling or bicycle is non-refundable.
- Assembled stunt scooter or bike cannot be returned.
- in which the subject of the service are sound or visual recordings or computer programs delivered in a sealed package, if the package was opened after delivery;
- for the supply of digital content that is not delivered on a tangible medium, for which you are obliged to pay a price, if all of the following conditions are met:
- we have started the service with your express and prior consent,
- you have been informed by us before the commencement of the service that after its fulfillment you will lose the right to withdraw from the contract and you have acknowledged this,
- we have provided you with lawful confirmation of concluding a distance contract, including information about the above-mentioned. consent, on a durable medium within a reasonable time after the conclusion of the contract, at the latest before the commencement of the provision of the service.